APFC /CAPACITOR PANEL
Industrial and commercial installations in our country have large electrical loads which are severely inductive in nature, such as motors, large machines, air conditioners, drivers etc. which causes a severely lagging power factor. This lagging power factor results in loss and wastage of energy and thus heavy penalties by electricity boards.
In case of fixed loads this can be taken care by manual switching of capacitors. However in case of rapidly varying and scattered loads it becomes difficult to maintain a high power factor and hence manually switching on/off the capacitors in proportion to variation of load within an installation is next to impossible. This drawback can be overcome by using an APFC panel (Automatic Power Factor Correction Panel) which not only maintains a high power factor but also eliminates the need for constant manual intervention.
The ratio of Active Power to Apparent Power is called Power Factor which is equal to Active Power/ Apparent Power
- Salient Features
- Prevents leading power factor in the installation during low load conditions
- Improves efficiency of the system by reducing losses
- Reduces the KVA demand charges
- Ability to maintain a constant high power factor
- Economical with faster payback periods
- Eliminates low power factor penalties levied by EB
- Incomer MCCB of appropriate rating for connection to the mains
- Advanced microprocessor based relay used to ensure real time power factor correction in the installation.
- Current limiting contractors specially designed for capacitor switch.
- HRC fuses for rack protection.
- Specifically designed, user friendly and dust & vermin proof modules.
- Flush mounted meters to indicate line voltage and current.
- Provision of incomer cable from top and bottom
- Low loss single phase MPP capacitors housed in aluminum can and low loss three phase APP capacitors housed in CRCA cans
- Wide range of rating with standard devices for faster deliveries
- Designed with the concept of modularity which allows upgrading of KVAR rating as when required